The 2022 YETI Team
The 2022 FRC Game: Rapid React
Rapid React is played by two alliances of three teams each, with each team controlling a robot and completing specific actions in order to score points. The game revolves around both alliances shooting inflatable balls known as Cargo into a central Hub and climbing within their Hangars at the end of the match. The overall objective of each match is to score more points than the opposing alliance before the match ends.
Our 2022 Robot: Aurora
- For our drivetrain this season, we chose a 6-wheel West Coast drivetrain, with 2 sets of WCP 4” Traction Wheels in the back, one set of Omni wheels in the front to aid in steering, and no drop center for maximum stability. Our gearboxes were WCP Flipped CIM 2-Speed Gearboxes, powered by Falcon 500 motors. This drivetrain allows us to realistically reach a top speed of 14.27 feet per second.
- Our intake this year picks up cargo from the ground and designated game piece start positions. It is versatile, able to both pick up balls from the floor and receive balls from the human player station. We focused on developing a “touch it, own it” design capable of efficiently retrieving balls with ease. The intake uses 4” compliant wheels and is powered by a Falcon 500 motor.
- The tower stores the balls that our intake picks up and then delivers to the shooter when we are prepared to shoot them. It is driven by rollers which are powered by NEO 550 brushless motors.
- The shooter is one of the most versatile components on our robot, as it allows us to adjust the trajectory of the ball in almost any direction It uses 3 WCP Solid Roller Wheels powered by 2 Falcon 500 motors and a turret powered by a NEO 550 motor.
- The Climber allows us to reach the mid-rung, It operates by using a chain. It is powered by two Falcon 500s and has a custom-made gearbox.
Aurora was 35-14-0 in official play and 39-17-1 overall in 2022. Team 3506 ranked 8th in the state having earned 223 points.